Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm spoiled




The sign showing where you turn off the highway says "Call of The Canyon" and it's aptly named.  I've heard the call....more of a Siren's song capturing me and pulling me closer.  It's the West Fork of Oak Creek north of Sedona and I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours creating images and just generally being awed by the scenery. 

The feeling here is very similar to what I've experienced in Antelope Canyon.  Every step, every creek crossing, every turn around a bend in the canyon presents you with another image, each more impressive than the one before.  And when you're headed back to the vehicle it's the same.  You see compositions and lighting conditions that you missed on the trip in. 

I've never seen fall colors so vibrant or varied.  I commented in an earlier blog that I've never seen so many orange and red leaves as this year but this puts the aspens of Colorado to shame.  The oaks and other trees have banded together to produce a kaleidoscope of colors. And now I'm spoiled.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to photograph fall colors in Colorado again without feeling somehow deprived.  I guess next fall we'll see.  For now, I'm pretty happy with this set of images.  Check the website gallery titled "New Work" in a few days to see the whole collection.

1 comment: