Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Musings while waiting to leave Phoenix






Okay, no more whining from me about not having any good images from the area around Phoenix. I found a treasure trove on the Apache Trail past Lost Dutchman State Park on highway 88. Got some nice stuff but there's probably 100 more locations I want to shoot. As if I needed a reason to come back. I think I may have found a hiking buddy and budding photographer in Granddaughter Kate. Time will tell.
But here are some random thoughts and musings:
1. If you buy a snow-kone at Surprise Stadium be prepared to have lips and tongue the same color as the flavor you chose.
2. If you're in Queen Creek and have to choose between a game in Tucson or Surprise (a Phoenix suburb) choose Tucson: it's closer.
3. After you return your rental car in Phoenix be sure you're on the right bus for your terminal. It never fails: every time I've rented a car in Phoenix someone gets on the first shuttle to the terminals that's available no matter which terminal their plane is at. Then scream bloody murder when the bus flies past where they want to be. If you're too stupid to read the signs that are EVERYWHERE, shut up! I don't want to hear about it.
4. Unless you're one of those people that hasn't flown or watched the news for 10 years or more don't be surprised when TSA makes you toss your 12 oz bottle of sunscreen. And don't get all indignant about it. The rules of 3.4 ounces or less have been in place nearly 8 years people.
5. If you checked in late for your Southwest flight and have a boarding pass that reads B98 don't jump up and get in line when they start boarding the first class passengers. You have a while to wait. And I promise, the plane won't leave until the door is closed and it won't close until you're aboard.
6. If you are "that guy" (see #5) and you have a carry on big enough to stuff a body in don't be surprised if the overhead bins are all full and you have to check your bag. And don't act all indignant: Check in earlier!
7. If you roll up to the little counter at the airport where they have plug in's for your laptop and someone tells you the plugs are dead, don't make yourself look dumb by trying them. Nobody dislikes you enough to lie to you about the plugs. Well, at least not until you try the plugs thinking that person is being spiteful and doesn't want you to use the plug.
8. Finally, when you're going through security to get to the concourse, you see everyone around you taking off their belts and shoes and jackets...and there are (once again) signs everywhere stating "Remove shoes, belts, jewelry, jackets or sweaters, and other metals" don't think you're exempt. Trust me, you are NOT that special and rest assured, after the third time through the metal detector in front of me cause you forgot to take off your watch and your jacket and your belt, I WILL tell you what a moron you are.
Okay, enough ranting for now. I need to get a cold drink before my plane leaves and I think someone wants to try using the plug I'm sitting in front of. Peace, Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment