Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And The Winner Is........


Truthfully, the winner is me but in the end I chose this image for large printing. A few weeks ago I blogged about needing to pick out an image from my files to have printed. In January I was very fortunate to win a prize at the RMNP shindig consisting of a free 24X36 print done by Denver Digital Imaging www.theslideprinter.com and mounted by DuraPlaq www.duraplaq.com. Well, I got the print back today and I couldn't be happier.
In the earlier blog I detailed how I searched the files for a suitable image and narrowed the choices down to 2. I burned them both to a cd and took them to DDI and this is the one that looked better on their monitors so this is the one that I picked. I knew they'd do a good job since I was a regular customer back in the dark ages when I shot film. I hadn't been in their building since I converted to digital about 6 years ago but I knew they'd do a fine job.
I didn't know a lot about DuraPlaq since I've always been a mat and frame kind of guy but I'd seen a couple of prints and some samples at the RNMP shindig and was pretty excited to see the result. They did't disappoint. The final product looks FANTASTIC! I need to learn more about them and the price structure though. I've had a difficult time selling large prints in the past since the matting and framing for big prints is very pricey. I have a 13X48 panoramic print on display at T Rowe Price in Colorado Springs and the frame and mat for that one set me back nearly $250. I'm thinking DuraPlaq will prove to be an alternative and will most likely be competitively priced.
So, a big shout out to my friends at RMNP for the door prize. A big thanks to my old friends at the Slideprinter/Denver Digital Imaging, and a really big thanks to the folks at DuraPlaq. Thanks to them I got me a great big beautiful print to hang above my poofy leather chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment